1. Zacharias (2-0): The Broncos didn’t play a perfect game in their win over John Curtis. But the results were still impressive.
2. Catholic (1-1): A road shootout win over Class 4A powerhouse Warren Easton in New Orleans keeps the Bears in second place.
3. East Ascension (1-1): Much like the Catholics, the Spartans raised their profile statewide with a road win over West Monroe.
4. Denham Springs (2-0) and Walker (2-0): Surprised to see these two teams here? Both have solid wins with significant margins. Other challenges await you.
6. Feliciana West (2-0) and Lucher (1-1): WFHS is a newcomer to 4A and beat 5A Central in Week 2. A one-point road loss to 2A St. Charles is a lesson that will serve the Bulldogs well.
8. Wooded Lawn (0-2): No wins yet, but still very talented at skill positions and dangerous. Losses were to teams ranked in other classes.
9. Saint-Amant (2-0): Life on the edge was good for the 5A Gators, who posted two one-point wins over lower-class New Orleans-area teams.
10, Scotlandville (0-2): Like Woodlawn, the Hornets have losses to strong opponents. A road game at West Monroe is coming up.
Outside, look: Brusly, Central, Dutchtown, Istrouma, Plaquemine, Liberty, Live Oak.
Class 3A and below
1. University (1-1): The 3A Cubs’ hold on the top spot slipped slightly after a loss to 5A Rummel. This team with 16 new holders will evolve.
2. Madison Prep (1-1): A dominant second-half performance in a win over Southern Lab propels the Chargers to No. 2.
3. South Lab (1-1): Much like U-High and Madison Prep, the kittens are talented but young and should build on and improve on last week’s experience.
4. Episcopal (2-0) and Dunham School (1-1): Yes, these 2A teams are together after the wins. EHS has won big on the road. Dunham bounced back from a loss with a win over 5A Live Oak.
6. St. James (1-1): The 3A Wildcats rebounded in a big way against West St. John after a loss to 5A East St. John in Week 1.
7. Catholic Ascension (2-0): Yes, the 1A Bulldogs just won, and a victory over another 1A powerhouse, Opelousas Catholic is worth noting.
8. Parkview Baptist (2-0): A nice win over Catholic-NI follows a win over Dunham. Each victory gives the 3A Eagles additional credibility.
9. Chateau Blanc (2-0): The 1A Bulldogs scored 90 points in their first two games heading into a Week 3 game against 2A Baker.
10. Catholic-PC (2-0): Hornets 1A also have nice numbers. They outclassed their two opponents 99-6.
Outside, look: Donaldsonville, East Feliciana, Port Allen.